Well, I have avoided this post for a few weeks now. Not only are Josh and I having a baby soon, but we will also be moving back to Arizona mid July. Needless to say, there is a lot of change going on in my life right now, and I just needed to wait a few days until I announced this into the blogging world.
This transition will truly be bitter/sweet. I'll start with the bitter. We have LOVED Fort Worth. This was our first home as a couple. We got our life, our family, our traditions, our routine started here. We have grown into a family here. We started off with just a few friends, mainly single guys, and we will leave with a huge community of support and intimate relationships, including those same single guys, young married couples we've grown with, families we've spent holidays with, a worship team I've done ministry with, the pastor training guys who Josh studied for two and a half years with, older wiser couples we've learned from, neighbors we've talked with, and a small group we've "lived" with. I wish I could capture every single memory so that I wont ever forget, but I know that's not possible. How sweet a life the Lord has given me.
We are really going to miss the trees, the Trinity River, Fort Woof, the incredible down town, the Stockyards, not country music... but TEXAS country music.... there is a difference, the food... oh the food!!! I truly have loved the food. Anyone who knows me knows that food is a passion, and Fort Worth delivered! Quaint and affordable mom-n-pop shops where we've become regulars... I will miss you. Charley's Hamburgers, Ol Neighborhood Grill, Red Hot n Blue, Central Market, BRAUMS, Cafe Bella, it kills me that I'm giving these things up. I will miss Rent A Frog and the love em'/hate em' drama filled family that we are. Paschal High School... I was a little intimidated to walk through the halls three years ago, but now when I walk in I see familiar faces in students I've watched grow up from Freshman to Seniors, teachers, and principals that have all become friends. Josh has had a wonderful experience there and has great memories to take with him. Union Class, you are the reason this has been so hard to talk about. Even as I write this, I struggle to find the appropriate words. Never in my life did I expect to find such great friends/family in Texas. You all have been that for us. I can't picture my life without you. I'm scared to experience life without you, but I'm trusting the Lord will provide more friends, because He provided me you. Thank you for the countless good times. Our life out in Fort Worth revolves around you and we will have a lot of adjusting to do when we no longer see you so often.
I'm even sad to leave our apartment. It's our home. The first home I called my own. Josh and I can still totally remember the first few days we lived there. Absolutely NO order. We had only been married 8 days at that point. We had paperwork and wedding gifts everywhere and no idea how to organize our life. But now, we have a home. A cozy haven that both of us love coming home to. It's weird to think we will start packing things up soon and moving in to another place. I will cherish the time we've had in #225.
And now the sweet! Home Sweet Home! Phoenix is home to both Josh and I and we are THRILLED to be back with our sweet family. We are so looking forward to Elijah being able to know his grandparents, aunts and uncles, cousins, great grandparents etc. I get to be closer to my sister and grandma in San Diego (not to mention a great free place to vacation)! We both are looking forward to being closer to northern AZ with the mountains and snow. We are anxious to attend Second Mile Church, where the Lord will continue to shape Josh in his passion for ministry and teaching the Bible. Josh will be teaching math at Tempe High which I think will be a great fit for him. It's an old school with lots of history and tradition. There are so many people we are excited to do life with again... obviously our family, but also mentors from when Josh and I were single (and in need of direction, :)), best friends we've managed to stay close to even while living in Fort Worth and childhood friends.
There are so many things to be excited about. Josh and I have never lived in Arizona while being married... not to mention being parents! We are really pumped about this new season and totally confident that this is where the Lord has opened up opportunities for growth. If you think of us, I'd appreciate your prayers during all this transition.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Boooooo! I'm so sad and I haven't even really gotten to know you yet :-(. I love hearing your solo's, talking with you at Bible Study and just hearing your laugh! Oh man, am I glad we didn't become close, it would make this harder!
So happy for you too, I know that you wanted to be back with your family. Elijah is a lucky little boy.
PS...You have to change the name of your blog now...ha! ha!
I know!! You win!! Maybe I'll keep it just to annoy you...
So sad....this is gonna be a tough summer for me! But you can be sure you'll have visitors in AZ! :) Love you guys
Well Im EXCITED lol you are coming home!!!!!! Boston and Elija will only be 3 months apart which will be soooo fun!
oops forgot the h-sorry
ok i totally just cried reading this entire blog and I live in Friendswood!!! Am I prego or what????Gonna miss you Sweet Watt Family!
Post a Comment