Does Fort Worth Ever Cross Your Mind?: Shoes

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Shoes

So Elijah has started walking, but more importantly (in his life) is now he gets to wear shoes. I didn't really put him in shoes much before he could walk, but once he was stable enough to walk outside I strapped on some sandals.

Thanks to all our great baby showers, he is set with shoes for a while. But he didn't have any sandals, and with it being so hot right now, I just couldn't imagine putting his already sweaty and stinky feet in some lace ups. So I went looking for sandals, but for whatever reason, couldn't find much selection. They all had Disney something or other on them and, I don't know... I just wasn't feeling them. The pair I finally got were the coolest ones I could find.... slightly-too-small, but camouflage, so who cares. They were cute. The second Josh saw them he started laughing. Too nerdy. For him. :)

Elijah wants his shoes on all the time. The minute he gets up from a nap, or even in the morning for that matter, he is pointing to his closet and making the 's' sound. It's hot here. So for the most part, it's a diaper and whatever shoes for the entire day while we're in the house. He walks around so proud and I can't get enough.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

hahah!!! Love them! Miss that little guy!