
So, I have to spread the word. I just started a new budget saving trick and I'm LOVING it. I signed up for emealz. What's emealz, you ask. Basically, it's a dinner plan at a (very) low cost. I get 5 dinner plans per week that stay in between $35-$45 per week.
It worked perfectly for me because I love to cook and I like variety, but it seemed like every time I got creative, I doubled my grocery bill. This gives me some great variety and keeps it in my budget. PLUS, they give you a grocery list for all the items you need to make your dinners. It seriously saves me SO much time, since I would do this anyway on Sunday afternoons. All I do is print my meal plan and I've got 5 dinner options and my grocery list. I just write in the other things I need on the side of the list like milk, eggs, etc. They make sure to tell you what staple items you'll need for all the meals each week too.
You get to choose between a few options. Meal plans for 2 or meal plans for 4-6 people. They have a general meal plan, a low-fat meal plan, and a low-carb meal plan. Josh and I are on the low fat... and it is super good. It's probably not THAT low fat, and that's why I like it. :) We've been doing it for 3 weeks now, and honestly all the recipes have been good. We had friends over and I made one of the dinners for them and they ended up signing up for it too.
It's $5 per month to be apart, and they suggest having the $5 automatically withdrawn through your debit card so that it come directly out of your grocery budget. Dave Ramsey also recommends it through his website.
Yes, I love being able to be creative with my dinners and try fun and fancy stuff, but that is becoming less and less practical for me. Especially with a baby coming, I'm not going to want to worry about all that. But seriously, I don't feel like it's a bummer at all, at least not right now. If you go to the website, they let you download a sample meal plan so you can see what it's all about. Let me know if you have any questions!
www.e-mealz.com

2 comments:
Angela Cline and I do meals together! We make 8 dinners and only pay 40 bucks, crazy cool!
Post a Comment