Does Fort Worth Ever Cross Your Mind?: Texas Baby Shower- April 17th

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Texas Baby Shower- April 17th

Here are pictures from my Texas baby shower, given on April 17th. I posted a lot of pictures so that mom and Ashlyn can feel like they were there, because I know they wanted to be.




Blair and Sandra

Courtney, Karel, and Patti. Courtney Prescott was the main hostess for my shower. She is married to my boss and dear friend, Warren. I was so surprised and honored that they wanted to host a shower for me. I am truly going to miss working at Rent A Frog. It has been the most incredible blessing for Josh and I in so many ways. I have so many wonderful memories there, it will be hard to say goodbye.



Kari, Deren and Jessica. All three of these girls and their husbands are apart of our Union class. Deren and I dog sit for each other on occasion. Jessica and Mark have truly become like family to Josh and I. Josh and Mark are accountability partners, and Jess and I are too. I could write for a long time about funny memories with them and things we've learned from each other, but now is not the time. We love them dearly.

My dear friends Anna and Marissa. Both girls and their husbands are apart of Union, but more importantly, our small group that meets every Tuesday night. Our group has been together for about two years now and we've all grown really close. Anna actually asked me to sing at her wedding last August before really knowing me. Once I met her and Brad, I could tell they would fit right in to our small group. They tried it out and have been apart ever since. Marissa and Brad used to live in our apartment complex so we were able to get to know them a lot better by living so close.

Karel and Patti

Karel, Patti, Shelley, and Blair. Karel and Patti are friends I've met through the women's bible study I'm apart of at church. Shelley Harvey has been like family to Josh and I since we've moved to Fort Worth and their family is the reason we ended up at McKinney Bible. Josh actually met the Harvey's before meeting me... he was their son's pop warner football coach. When they learned that he was getting his Masters Degree in Math, they hired him to tutor their daughter, Laura. So he would go over to their house every week for tutoring, and he ended up becoming like family. Once Josh and I got married and moved, they became our "family" in Fort Worth. Blair is also a girlfriend I met through bible study at church and she was one of the awesome hostesses that helped throw me this shower.

Blair, Kari, Marissa, and Deren.



A cute little "I Love Dirt" blanket and bib from Courtney Dabney, my bible study leader.

This was an awesome hand-made gift by my sweet friend Kari. She stitched his first and middle name on the front. It's so cute and I love seeing his name written out.

This was our stroller, given to us by Karel and Patti.

Sweet Julia. She and Barry got us this cute little monkey backpack for when E gets a little bigger and can carry his own things. Yeah!! I told Josh it was a backpack for the dad to carry.


The high chair given to us by the hostesses

Girls from Union


Monica flew in from Houston to help host the shower. She was my first friend in Fort Worth. We met at church in the fall of 2007, but she ended up moving back to Houston in May 2008. We've stayed in touch and continued to be close friends. I think it's pretty awesome that the Lord crossed our paths when/why He did. We both really needed a friend. Now she's married and expecting her first baby in December. We've been able to go through a lot of life with each other in the few years we've been friends.

A special thank you to all the hostesses that helped give me such a beautiful day. Courtney, Monica, Jessica, Beth, Hillary, Blair, Jennifer, and Bessie Ann. You all made me feel so special. Thank you also for the high chair that you all went in on together. This was such a beautiful party, the food was SO good, and I really enjoyed being able to celebrate this exciting time with all my dear friends in Texas. Thanks again for all you did.

1 comment:

The Kinley's said...

You are seriously one of THE most prettiest pregnant ladies I've ever seen! We need to have lesson on hair...I love your hair. You need to teach me to get that TX do, girl!

Can't wait to meet "Easy E"...so cute!