I am not yet done reading this book, but I already have to recommend it. Each chapter displays a different real-life challenge and then shows how Jesus' work on the cross directly applies to that challenge. He breaks it down so easily and helps you to see what Jesus did for you. I love it.
If you think you don't have a "real-life challenge", some of the chapters include,
"I Am a 'Good' Christian", "My Daddy Is a Pastor", "Lust Is My God", and "He Raped Me".
If you don't know Jesus Christ as your savior, this book will show you what He did specifically to rescue you. If you do have a relationship with Jesus Christ, this will be a sweet reminder.
"This book is brutally honest about sin and suffering, and wonderfully hopeful as it points us to our true Savior"
Timothy S. Lane
If you think you don't have a "real-life challenge", some of the chapters include,
"I Am a 'Good' Christian", "My Daddy Is a Pastor", "Lust Is My God", and "He Raped Me".
If you don't know Jesus Christ as your savior, this book will show you what He did specifically to rescue you. If you do have a relationship with Jesus Christ, this will be a sweet reminder.
"This book is brutally honest about sin and suffering, and wonderfully hopeful as it points us to our true Savior"
Timothy S. Lane

2 comments:
It does look good, i think i remember seeing this in union one day. (Did you bring it as reference one day?) was this the one that is very detailed and stuff? I couldn't remember the title but im glad you posted it!
I got this book for Christmas (after you guys had recommended it at Union) and finished it in a few weeks....so powerful and amazing. I agree! Definitely a book worth reading. It will change your perspective!
Post a Comment